Now that i’m well and truly into my next country i thought i’d do a quick summary of Ecuador before i forget!
- Number of days spent: 20
- Number of cities/towns/islands visited: 8 (Quito, Cotapaxi, Guayaquil, Otavalo, Cotacachi, Mindo, Santa Cruz, Isabella)
- Number of beds slept in: 6
- Number of flights: 8 including connections. (LHR-MIA-UIO. UIO-GYE-BAL. BAL-GYE-UIO. UIO-GYE. GYE-LIM)
- Highest elevation hit: 4200m
- Number of days the rain mac was worn: 16 – almost all!
- Cheapest place I stayed: Excluding staying with friends, the hostel in Otavalo was $7 B&B
- Biggest splurge: definitely my time in Galapagos. Even with the TravelZoo deal it was still pricey! But worth it!
- Highlight of the country: So many but has to be a toss up between hiking Pasachoa and snorkelling with turtles!
- Top 3 pics from Ecuador: below
Any other stats people would like to know? Let me know and i’ll add them to the next country summary 🙂